We are already aware of the fact that we should
- NOT Share : The details of PIN / OTP received on mobile with anyone.
- NOT share : Our any passwords on phone / facebook / or anyother social media platform.
- NOT share : Our personal passwords be it of bank account or very personal smart phones with anyone.
But have you heard, Of getting looted 1.3 Lakhs in the name of linking your Personal SIM card to aadhaar card ? Have you …
Here as per the details posted by Shaswat Gupta….
He has lost 1.3 lakhs of money from his ICICI salary account just in the name of Aadhar Sim linkage ?
And in a blitz, my salary account was looted.
Hi guys! I just lost an amount of Rupees 1.3 lacs from my ICICI Bank salary account. A fraud, claiming to be from Airtel, gave me an ultimatum that Airtel would deactivate my SIM and block my number forever as I had not linked my Aadhar card to my SIM. He urged me to message my SIM card number to 121 (Official Airtel Service Number) and my SIM would be reactivated without any hassle. Little did I know that the fraudster would clone my SIM and loot all my hard earned money and also take away Investments (Fixed Deposits) that I had planned on using during the worst times of my life.
Is this all that was required to break my ICICI Bank Account? Is that how vulnerable technology have left us? I always thought that our accounts are well protected by layers of security. I was under the impression that a person would require my account details or debit card or some sensitive information that only I have, that I have been safeguarding every minute of my life, to break my account. But the truth is all that sensitive stuff is already floating around the criminal world waiting to be raided, as our beloved banks like ICICI Bank haven’t been able to keep what must only be ours, OURS!
It is unbelievable how easy it has become to steal from our accounts. All the fraudsters are doing is trying every trick they can think of to get that one tiny key that would break open a safe that seem to be safeguarded by hundred different locks.
The saddest part of this is, after the loot on day one, ICICI Bank was not able to protect the balance amount. Even after 18 hours of raising Service Request ( S/R 497438380 ) and repeated follow ups on customer care and branch, the Bank was not able to freeze my balance and as a result early next morning the fraudster was easily able to walk away with the remainder amount. Dear ICICI Bank, are your services supposed to end in crisis or are you supposed relieve the customers’ grievances and prevent further damage?
ICICI Bank needs to understand that a fraudster breaks much more than an account with his activities, he breaks a persons’ life.
I feel that the Bank has failed to protect my account effectively and are completely responsible for my losses. I hence demand ICICI Bank to refund every single penny I’ve lost in this incident.
I would also like to speak out to my friends here, guys please be careful and wary of these frauds. The people who we think are securing us, are actually the ones screwing us.
Guys and Gals must share this post with your friends, family and loved / unloved ones…Because, it is must as, as People earn money by doing their hard work and also spending their life far away from their Home city to save some money for their Hard times.
Correct way for registering your Sim card to aadhaar :
All you have to do is visit
- the nearest official store
- or the shop from where you have bought the sim.
- or the shop which buy and sell sims your brand (Airtel, Idea etc. )
Documents you need :
- Your aadhaar card number will be enough , though you can take photocopy along.
Caution : specify the purpose, date and sign on photocopy to avoid any misusage.
- Then, shopkeeper will ask for your finger / thumb impression as the case may be …on their device.
And that’s it…No messaging or chatting or sharing any other details with them.
- Deadline for linking Aadhaar with PAN: December 31, 2017
- Deadline for linking Aadhaar with mobile number (SIM): February 2018
- Deadline for submitting Aadhaar details to banks/financial institutions – December 31, 2017
- Last date to give Aadhaar details to avail social security schemes – December 31, 2017
You can discuss the issue by Leaving a comment below :