Filling an IPO is very easy from any bank account. But here for demonstration purpose we Sainatics will be using SBI netbanking account.
Here on Sainatics you will get complete step by step guide of Making a bid for an IPO for your zerodha account.
Let us start, are you ready….Each and every photo is in serial number.
- Open your SBI net banking website
- Then after Logging into the website go to Profile tab as shown.
- Then click on manage IPO applicant as shown in the pic.
- Then fill up your Profile password (Note: Profile password is different from Login password ) and click on Submit button.
- Then, fill up the relevant details for the applicant. ( NOTE: Here it is clearly written applicant which means anyone can bid for IPO in your name)
For example: My brother can bid for an IPO in my name, but then he needs to provide my PAN number.
It also, means It is not mandatory to have Demat account with respective bank, so, demat account with any discount broker like Zerodha will solve the purpose.
But here you will notice, once you choose NSDL or CSDL , it asks for extra information.
Let us see for CDSL for Zerdoha.
Open up your Email ID Account ( like gmail, yahoo etc through which you have registered for Zerodha): then search for [email protected] , then you will notice that there will be some demat acccount provided by them, use that as Beneficiary DP A/C number.
Depository Participant: CDSL
Demat Account number: DP ID+ Beneficiary ID
Now let us see for NSDL for Zerodha:
I hope you have got the Idea for NSDL as well. (But Zerodha usally use CSDL )
Then, as you move on to Nickname : It can be anything without space, so that you can remember the specific Applicant profile.
- Now, click on e-Services Tab as shown.
- Then, Demat and ASBA services.
- Then, go to Equity (IPO)
- Here select your IPO for bidding.
- Here select the Category to which you belong : Most of you will lie in Individual category, like me. Who spend small amount of money in stock market.
Now as you move down, then click on Select Registered applicant, and from here you should select your Applicant nickname profile Then, fill up your Bid quantity, software will automatically calculate the Amount to be paid (Blocked) for IPO bid.
- One more thing, I recommend to check mark Cut Off Price , as it will make sure that you get the shares, at whatever price it is alloted within the range.
Don’t worry if somehow you want to edit or Delete the IPO bidding application, then you can do that by just going to IPO editing Tab, as you might have noticed above in Pics.
Note: You can apply for an IPO at any time be it 11 am or 11 pm…But, Bank will block your money only at its working hour that is around 10 am morning, and you will receive message at that very time, when Bank will block the money for an IPO.
In next post we will discuss , when will the IPO be listed.
Any comments or suggestions are welcome