Hi welcome to freecoupondeals.review or Saintics.com.
Here we will discuss everything you need to know about order placement and its time.
Pre-open session orders
Orders placed before the opening of the market (09:15 AM) are called pre-open session orders. Pre-open session is between 9.00 AM to 9.15 AM. This 15 minutes session involves 3 slots
- 9.00 – 9.08 AM-Order collection period
- 9.08-9.12 AM – Order matching and trade confirmation period
- 9.12-9.15 AM
NSE started this pre-open session to minimize the volatility of securities during the market opening every day.
- 9.00 – 9.08 AM (Order collection period)-In this slot of 8 minutes, 9.00 – 9.08 AM (Order collection period), you can place, modify or cancel your orders.You can place limit orders/market orders.
- 9.08-9.12 AM (Order matching and trade confirmation period)-In this period 9.00 – 9.08 AM (Order collection period), on the basis of orders received in slot 9.00 – 9.08 AM (Order collection period), the exchange determines the Opening Price and confirms orders that matches the price. The remaining orders unconfirmed orders that were not having its buyers or seller are moved to market session (after 9.15 AM) .
- 9.12-9.15 AM – This is a buffer period to facilitate transition from pre-open to normal market session.
So technically you can place orders only for the first 8 minutes and only on equity segment.
Key Points to note while placing orders in pre-open market session 9.00 – 9.08 AM (Order collection period):
- Pre-open session orders can be placed on both, NSE and BSE.
- both Limit orders and Market Price orders can be placed.
- All stocks will have uniform price band of 20% in the session.
- You need to place order within +/- 20% range of last trading day’s closing price.
- So, if a stock closed at Rs 100 in the last trading day, you can place order between Rs 80-120.
- Unsettled orders will be carried to actual market after 09:15 AM.
To place orders in pre-open market session in Zerodha , follow the normal order process but make sure that
- You are placing the order between 9:00-9:08 AM.
- Bidding price is within the +/- 20% range of last trading day’s closing price.
- You can place any order type ‘Limit’ and ‘Market’.