How many days does it take for a stock to be in a Demat account after taking the delivery
If you are into stocks market and have traded you might have faced some issues in regard to particular stock that you will not be able to trade as long as it gets reflected in your Demat account, in simple manner some stock brokers specify T+2 days etc.
How many days does it take for a stock to reflect in a Demat account after taking the delivery in Zerodha account ?
How many days does it take for a stock to reflect in a Demat account after taking the delivery in UPSTOX account ?
How many days does it take for a stock to reflect in a Demat account after taking the delivery in Fyers account ?
Answer remains same for all brokers including Zerodha, Upstox and fyers and anybody else in India.
Let us see what happens to stock after you buy the stock:
Journey of Stock after you buy it :
Short Answer – The share you bought on T Day (Trading Day), you can expect to receive the shares in your DEMAT account only by end of T+2 day. The shares are available for transaction on T+3day.
Day 1 – Trading Day (Monday)
- Assume on 18th of Sep 2019 (Monday) you bought 100 shares of DMART at Rs.1,000/- per share. The total buy value is Rs.100,000/- (100 * 1000).
What is the meaning of T Day in stocks market ?
- The day you make the transaction is referred to as the trade date, represented as ‘T Day’.
By the end of trade day your broker will debit Rs.100,000/- and the applicable charges towards your purchase.
Day 2 – Trading Day + 1 (Tuesday)
- The day after you made the transaction is called the T+1 day. Nothing happens on T+1 day.
- However in the background the money required to purchase the shares is collected by the exchange along with the exchange transaction charges and Security transaction tax.
Day 3 – Trading Day+ 2 (Wednesday)
- On day 3 or the T+2 day, around 11 AM shares are debited from the person who sold you the shares and credited to the brokerage with whom you are trading (in my case it is Zerodha), who will in turn credit it to your DEMAT account by end of day.
- Similarly money which was debited from you is credited to the person who sold the shares.
The shares will now start reflecting in the DEMAT account indicating that you own 100 shares of DMART.
Here is the complete settlement cycle:
Day of Settlement cycle for different countries:
I hope that the above answers your question satisfactorily.
I recommend opening a Demat and Trading account with only Discount Broker like Zerodha, which have good history and proven records, It provides good Customer support, Softwares, and Indicators for Professional trading, obviously you will save around 3-5% of the money on your brokerage.
Different Articles of Demat and Trading Account and how to choose the best Discount Broker in Indian Stocks Market:
- BEST AND CHEAP STOCKS BROKERS IN INDIA
- OPEN DEMAT AND TRADING ACCOUNT WITH ZERODHA INSTANTLY IN 2020?
- All stocks Articles
- Best online stocks broker in India for beginners in 2020
- Which discount broker is better, Zerodha or Upstox or FYERS in 2020?
- Best way to invest money in Stocks Market in India?
- Low slippage Broker in India
- Most Important Features of Online brokers for Successful trading
- Steps to OPEN DEMAT AND TRADING ACCOUNT WITH ZERODHA INSTANTLY IN 2020?
- Best way to Transfer Demat account from one broker to another?
- Open Demat account with UPSTOX for FREE along with Cashback
- When is the Right time to invest money in Stocks ?
- How many days does it take for a stock to be in a Demat account after taking the delivery